3 Avocados, peeled
1 Roma tomato, finely diced
1/4 cup of chopped red onion
1.5 freshly squeezed limes
2 tbsp of freshly chopped cilantro
1 small clove of grated garlic
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/8 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
How to Make Guacamole.
1. Add avocados and lime juice from 1 lime in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
3. Place guacamole in airtight container.Sprinkle the remaining lime juice on top of the homemade guacamole and store in the refrigerator.
4. Chill in the refrigerator fat least 1 hour prior to serving.
5. Share this simple guacamole recipe with your friends.
Guacamole is a simple and fun dish to make but when it turns brown, it looks a lot less appetizing.
When polyphenol oxidase (enzyme) reacts with air, it causes the avocado to turn brown. Lime juice, refrigeration, and using an air tight storage container can help to delay the browning process. Click the link below for more vegan and nutrient loaded recipes.